Saturday, November 29, 2014

Allow Human Clinical Weed Trials to Save Lives

Hi America,
This blog post is different from my usual post. Today I want to talk accomplishing one thing:


Because of the difference from my usual types of posting. I wanna start with the situation.

On November 27th, 2014, Thanksgiving morning, my twin sister died at the age of 20. Our birthday was only 3 days away, on November 30th. She died from a grand mal seizure while sleeping at home in preparation for Thanksgiving diner. I have reasons to believe that the medicine she was taking was the cause of these severe seizures, which is why I’m making a case against it, and I also feel certain that I have come across a cure.

As you all can imagine, I was in shock when I first heard the news. We go to different schools, and I decided to stay during Thanksgiving day to have diner with one of my roommates’ family. I found out tonight when my parents drove to my school to tell me in person. Even so, understand that this message is not an act of rage, sorrow or desperation. It’s an act of concern. I want to make sure an accident like this doesn't happen again.

1 year and 5 months prior to the event she started having partial seizures which would cause her to temporarily zone out and lose the ability to understand words and recall non-working memory. Under some circumstances, she would still function without. If it happened during things like folding clothes or looking out of a window to just observe the things outside, the seizure would be barely noticeable.

The problem would not be so bad if they assigned the appropriate solution.

The Solution

As I was wondering through reddit during my free time, I came across an article on the main page that described a boy that had his seizures increase while taking general anti-seizure medicine. He seized every 15 minutes originally. Yet after taking a “miracle drug” he didn’t have seizures for almost 9 weeks. He was taking concentrated cannabis oil in the form of pills, which is what stopped his seizures for those 9 long weeks.

This cure for epilepsy has been researched in lab rats with the condition bred in them. My source, ProCon.org, rated the paper at a 5/5 theoretical research level, meaning proper experiments were carried out, by professionals with PhD’s in their given field and the results all met a common consensus. Nobody disagreed with the final results. Yet extensive research in humans hasn't been completed because of marijuana’s illegality. That is why I am asking the public for my second and most difficult request. Allow marijuana to be openly tested by professional doctors on human patients.

I’m certain that if legitimate human trials of cannabis oil is deemed to be more effective than all other drugs related to epilepsy, people will begin to question the legitimacy of all drugs the pharmaceutical industry. It has the potential to damage the planned obsolescence behind the medical industry.

When I say planned obsolescence, I mean where chemist and the businessmen that fund them are constantly aiming to keep that balance of keeping their patients temporarily satisfied and coming back for more of what they prescribe to keep themselves in business. Meanwhile, like the auto industry, they use dirty tactics like sabotage their own products or omit better alternatives to make sure they don’t go out of business.

People are not cars. Regardless of the money issues, the medicine they rely on for a better life shouldn't be played with for personal gain.

I already lost my twin sister, and I have to comfort my mother who watched my sister die and couldn't do anything about it. Please help me make sure this doesn't happen again to others.

Again my one request is this:


I’m writing and sending this post on the eve of both my sisters and my own birthday. Two days after Thanksgiving. Please, help me allow for these two things to happen. Signing will be a gift for me and my late sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment